Minister Roberge launches an investigation into allegations of sexual assault against a 15-year-old student

The Minister of Education Jean-François Roberge has asked the Department’s Investigations Branch to shed light on the alleged acts of a criminal nature allegedly committed by a 15-year-old student against several young girls at the Sources school in Dollard-des-Ormeaux, as revealed by TVA Nouvelles on Monday.

• Read also: An SPVM investigation opened into allegations of sexual assault against a 15-year-old student

• Read also: A 15-year-old student allegedly sexually assaulted four teenagers

The Minister assured that his priority was to allow students to feel safe and confident in schools across the province.

Earlier this week, teenage girls told in interviews that the student in question tried to kiss them by force, he would have taken the buttocks of one of them. A father said that the school administration did not return his calls. The objective of this internal investigation launched by the Minister of Education aims to verify precisely how the school management handled the complaints of the pupils and the strong reactions of the parents.

It should be noted that all educational establishments are required to draw up a plan to combat bullying and violence which must, in particular, make it possible to respond to violence of a sexual nature and to put in place methods allowing the possibility of report confidentially

On Tuesday, the Montreal Police Service announced that it had opened an investigation into these incidents.

Leave a Comment